For years and years marketing strategies have been coming and going, yet blogging is still fighting against time. Even big companies such as Google, Coca Cola, Facebook, BMW etc. do have blogs to keep their customers updated about the latest stuff, products, services, events or what they’ve been up to.
They do this because they know that blogs bring a lot of traffic and makes a brand more trust worthy. A blog can easily make you an authority in your market, so it’s really great for building a brand or promote a well established one.
So on this page I’m going to reveal how smart marketers were able to take this blogging stuff into a multi-million dollar business. These are the people I like to call Pro Bloggers, they use different internet marketing strategies to make an extra income by using a simple blog.
I’ve been doing this for over 4 years now and I believe I’m also in the pro level. Simply because I’ve started blogs in many different markets, from Cooking, Music, Health, Money, Specific Products or Brand Names, Marketing and a whole lot more…
One thing I can tell you is that I’ve been blogging before the Google Panda, Penguin and Hummingbird algorithm updates and none of my blogs have been slapped by any of the updates. They still get traffic from search engines. I’m going to show you how Pro Bloggers build evergreen businesses with ease.
ARE YOU READY?
Of course you are, so lets get started and help you get to pro level of blogging…
Provide Value For Your Visitors
This is blogging 101, you need to provide value. By value I mean the content that you’ll be posting on your blog needs to be top quality. The best approach is to provide a solution for a specific problem, something like “How To Loose Weight”. These kinds of blogs get a lot of traffic and can make a lot of money because they help people solve a specific problem.
Just make sure that your content is entertaining and it is professional and most important, it’s worth sharing. It’s easy for someone to try something out if they are refered by someone they know (word of mouth) or see a friend’s post on Facebook.
So if you have quality content that is worth sharing then you have half the battle won.
Do Some Research For Your Market
A lot of people start by building the blog then after a while give up because there’s no one visiting their blog. The number one secret is to find out what people want and offer the product or service.
There’s a lot of tools you can use for your research these days and the industry trusted tool for bloggers is a keyword research tool such as the Google Keyword Planner, Long Tail Pro & Market Samurai.
There’s a lot of these tools these days and they all do a great job of finding hot markets that are ready to spend money. Do some proper keyword research before creating the blog.
Easy Professional Blog Setup
The most easiest way to set up a blog is to use wordpress, for me, this is the best blogging platform. If you want a professional looking blog then don’t use free blogging platforms.
You only need 4 simple things to get your blog up and running, and those are:
- Domain Name – Your domain name must look something like this www.yourwebsite.com instead of www.yourwebsite.blogspot.com
- Hosting – This is where you’ll host your whole website and upload files
- Blogging Platform – This is where you’re going to control your site and share content
- Theme – There’s a lot of good wordpress themes you can find online or if you can, then get a professional web designer
That is all you’ll need to get started and all of this should cost you less than $150 and that’s if you choose to use wordpress. If you use wordpress then you’ll also need some plugins that will help you run the site smoothly and avoid a lot of hard labor, programming or any technical stuff. Especially WordPress SEO Plugins!
You also need to come up with a content marketing strategy for your blog so that it is entertaining and people keep visiting it.
The best approach is to have content in advance. After doing your market research then find at least 15 keywords that you’ll blog about.
To make your blog more interesting also include some product reviews, product comparisons and even interview professionals in your niche. The most important thing is to make sure you do your market research right so that you can blog about the content that people want to see or read about.
You also need to be persistent and keep posting fresh content to your blog on a daily basis.
Traffic Generation Strategies
Once you have your content ready on your blog you need to get people to see the content. So what you need to do is to drive some traffic to your blog. Here’s the best 5 traffic generation tricks that I use and believe they’ll work for a long term:
- Youtube Traffic – This video sharing site has become the 3rd most visited website in the world and it gets over 1 billion unique visitors every month. So it’s a wise choice to use it to promote your blog and people love videos as compared to reading text because a video is show and tell.
- Forum Marketing – One of the best marketing strategies because you are able to get people who are interested in the same market under one roof. This is not a new marketing strategy it has been here for a while now and it still works.
- Article Marketing – This trick is not used by many simply because it is hard labor and time consuming. While everyone is not using this I think this is the best time to use articles to promote your blog. You can get good traffic from search engines such as Yahoo and Bing they still rank article directories very well in their search engine results.
- SEO Traffic – Search engine traffic is one of the best because it is organic, the visitors are not forced or recommended to be there, they choose to be there. This is traffic that comes from search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, Ask and more… You’ll need to learn some website ranking strategies to make this work though. You need to do proper On-Page and Off-Page (Backlinks) search engine optimization in order to get great results.
- Social Bookmarking – You can use these websites to create bookmarks of your content for the public to see. These websites also have a lot of users who share content and they’re always hungry for fresh stuff and that’s where you come in. Join these sites, connect with other users and share content this will also help you with SEO.
- Guest Blogging – One of my favorite marketing strategies. This is when you get to post your content on a popular blog in exchange for links. Some pro website owners allow people to post content on their blogs, others will even pay you to guest blog for them while others will charge you to post your content. But overall it’s a must use trick.
- Social Media Marketing – You can also use social media networks such as Facebook and Google Plus to promote your blog. Use their paid Ads to get more exposure fast.
There’s a lot of ways some pro bloggers use to get traffic to their websites but the ones I mention above is what has been working for me. I’ve tried most traffic generation tricks but always come back to the ones I mentioned.
The best part is that you can use all of them at the same time for maximum exposure.
Pro Bloggers Monetization Tricks
When it comes to monetization, I always recommend people to 1st build an audience and get a feel of what the audience really like then monetize the blog later. Look at successful online businesses such as Google, Youtube, Facebook and Twitter. They 1st got a lot of people to use they’re services then focused on the money part later.
This is a type of business you want to build. A lot of people are failing online because they’re focusing on making a quick buck. You need to build a blog that will get a lof visitors and attract investors and get major brands to advertise on your site.
Don’t focus on a quick buck build a long term business and become an authority in your market.
Now let’s look at a few things pro bloggers do to monetize their sites:
- Email Marketing – This is by far the best way to make money online. Basically you create a database of contacts that you can send an email whenever you have something to promote. Every blogger needs to build an email list to increase profits because relying only on the blog advertising wont cut it.
- Sell Your Own Product – You can use your blog to sell your own products or services. You can do this by placing banner ads around the blog, pages also work or use hyperlink text.
- Affiliate Marketing – This type of marketing is the most popular and the easiest in our industry. This is when you sell someone else’s product for a commission. Some programs pay you when someone buys using your link, others pay for sending them a lead (subscriber) while others pay you for clicks.
- Sell Ad Space – You can also sell advertising space on your blog, this will depend on how much traffic you are currently getting on your blog. You also need to do some testing with your own banners to see how many clicks they get so that the advertiser knows what to expect.
- Guest Blogging – If you’re blog is getting a lot of visitors then you can sell guest blogging space. You can get other bloggers, product owners and brands to create sponsored reviews or articles about their brand on your blog for a fee.
That’s basically the lowdown of how a professional blog is created starting from scratch and later make money with it. One thing you have to bare in mind is that this whole process is easy in black and white but taking the action can be a different story. It can take a while to build a successful blog but once it is popular the profits are really great.
The possibilities are really endless, only your imagination can limit you. Follow a few pro bloggers and see how they do their stuff and learn from them. The best teacher is trial and error; never give up, it’s not easy!
If it was easy then no one would be working at Walmart packing boxes instead they would be blogging. So just like all businesses you’re going to need some capital, time and believe that it will work.
OK, that’s it from me. Hope you found some really great tricks that will help you become a pro blogger as well.
You can also join my pro blogger academy which I call “The $7K Formula” if you want some more detailed content about this subject.
But I’m only taking a few students so go check if the program is still opened to the public and if you find that it’s still opened then don’t waste any time join the program because I’ll be closing the doors soon.